Hyperactivity, what is? hyperactivity disorder in children and its main manifestations. When and why do the first symptoms of this pathology appear. The main factors that contribute to its development. Modern methods of combating and preventing the syndrome. Hyperactivity in children is a pathological condition characterized by high activity in the mental and physical systems of the body. A similar problem arises both early and later in childhood. In the modern world, attention deficit disorder is considered to be the main reason for its appearance. Therefore, the child tries with some action to get out of its environment. He becomes restless and restless, cannot sit for long in one place, and focus his attention on the subject.
The main causes of hyperactivity in a child
Many mothers who have had similar problems with their babies are constantly wondering why they have such changes. Various variations of the causes of hyperactivity in children are becoming more common. Although it is only one major factor, other conditions can also affect its development.
Mom’s in trouble
Few people think about looking for the cause of increased activity in their parents. In most cases, this option is only considered when assuming the original hereditary disease. But first and foremost, it’s worth considering. After all, how the fetus develops affects the health of the baby in the future.
Therefore, it is worth paying attention to the following problems in a woman:
- Severe pregnancy … Many diseases of children occur precisely because of the presence in the uterus. Today, a very small number of women can boast of their good health while giving birth. In the majority of expectant mothers, already at the beginning of the lines, all old diseases and exacerbations of chronic diseases begin to appear. In addition, they often worry about early and late poisoning, which has a very bad effect on the baby. But often, even because of such effects, a totally healthy baby is born. And only after a while does it become clear what the problems are.
- Complications during childbirth … All fractures that occur at this stage can have two types of action. In the first case, it is possible in all processes. As a result, the baby suffers from oxygen starvation. Its deficiency has a negative effect on brain cells. Even after a few seconds of such ischemia, irreversible changes can occur. Such effects can very easily cause this syndrome without the presence of other pathologies. In another variant, development happens so fast that the child does not have time to adapt to what is happening and is also badly affected.
- The disturbed lifestyle of the mother … Today a lot of attention is paid to this point because modern women often manage to harm the child with their behavior. The presence of negative habits such as smoking and drinking alcohol can not only lead to such offenses but also cause the death of the fetus. This category also includes constant insomnia and stressful effects. Their effects affect the health and emotional background of both the woman and the baby. And very often it is this factor that leads to the development of this pathology.
Effects on the child of Hyperactivity
As everyone already knows, children are imperfect in terms of the body’s readiness for independent living. This fact should be taken into account when looking for the reason for the existence of various pathological conditions in them. In most cases, this is justified by external influences, which are necessarily present around each child.
It is these factors that cause harm in childhood and almost do not pose a threat in adulthood.
- Attention Deficit Disorder … This reason is in everyone else’s head today. After all, many modern parents are too busy and unable to devote the necessary time to their children. Due to the lack of it, the child feels unnecessary and tries to correct the situation on his own. He transforms his behavior into that of his family in every possible way. Most often it is a constant movement, active games, and curiosity. But this often leads to the government not losing such a child. He gets used to it and such children grow up to be difficult teenagers.
- Stress effects… The effects of this factor have a very strong effect on a person’s mental health. In early childhood, when it is still beginning to form, it is very important not to allow the ingestion of unnecessary pathological stimuli. Indeed, during this period, they are driven into consciousness so tightly that they can change the nature and behavior of the child in a completely different direction. It often happens that some kind of emotional shock occurs in children in the first autumn when trying to walk and is reflected in their behavior in the future.
- The need for self-expression… Such a situation arises in the way of a child at this time when he is among his peers. Often this is a kindergarten, school, or just a business in the yard. Once there, the problem of leadership and power arises. Many boys and girls try to prove themselves better than others. All of this leads to such children becoming dependent on their own image. Now they are more talkative, and decisive in their actions and deeds. This increased activity is the result of a desire to express oneself as a person.
Main manifestations of hyperactivity disorder in children
It will be very difficult not to notice a child with such a deviation from the norm. All this is because all the main signs are aimed precisely at attracting attention from the outside. Such children try more than others to achieve this goal, which they do very well. Therefore, there are no particular difficulties in finding out about the existence of problems. But the main problem lies elsewhere. The fact is that many parents do not consider their child’s behavior to be pathological and write it off as inherited, at a very young age or as a trait. To prevent this from happening, it is important to remember the areas that show the existing fractures more clearly than others.
Our youngest children, who are not yet able to speak, stand out from the rest by their behavior. Some are characterized by small movements and movements. Others express their feelings more clearly. They are characterized by many expressions, long-term energy, and interest in what is happening around them. Depending on how the child behaves, it is possible to determine if he has the abnormality.
Among the main symptoms of a child’s hyperactivity are the following:
- Restlessness … Many parents point out that their child cannot stay in one place for more than a few minutes. He needs to be constantly hunted all over the house or the street. On the playground, the kid will stand out and run the fastest. If he is interested in playing pistols in one second, then literally in two minutes he will already jump on a trampoline. And so in a circle all day. It is very difficult to get these children to eat quietly at the table or take them to the store. Doing monotonous work, such as homework, is also a problem. Education productivity is also declining due to bad school behavior. The child cannot adjust to sitting at the desk and listening to the teacher until the lesson is over.
- Unrest … The manifestation of this feature is a kind of haste with instability. The performance of many movements is characteristic, which are very small and quick. Such children are often unable to gather their thoughts and make any decisions. When doing homework, there are difficulties with calculations and problem solving for some operations. And although at first sight, such a child has a great deal of unusual activity and intelligence, there is little meaning in his actions. They are chaotic and pointless. It is worth paying special attention to this when looking at a child.
- Anxiety … Many people consider this issue very important in the diagnosis of this pathology. All this is because it is very rare to see a child who is often worried about something. And this happens quite often. These children are more prone to exaggeration and fantasy than others. They constantly think that they need to do many things and do everything in time. These little masters of life look like businessmen and great people on the outside. Even their facial expressions speak of interest and some kind of thoughtfulness, although there is no reason for this.
- Motivation … Some kind of constant enthusiasm to do hundreds of things and do everything in an instant. At a very young age, this is evident in the number of toys purchased for such a child. He can have a dozen of them and who will like it, but in the presence of the simplest breakdown, he is ready to say goodbye, break it down and no longer remember. Very small representatives often cry. In this way, they respond to the slightest failure when they comply with their request. This reluctance of the character is also noticed when the first steps are taken or during an investigation. The smallest shocks are accompanied by violent reactions, throwing objects, or finding offenses.
- Emotional instability … A similar trait is inherent in all young children if you notice. After all, they tend to switch from one activity to another, crying over broken knees and laughing at the same time at their mother’s tickle. But in the presence of this pathology, the child becomes even more unstable in spiritual manifestations. It is very difficult for the parents of these children to trace the connection between a smile and a sudden stream of tears that occur for no particular reason. It is also interesting that this situation can change significantly several times a day, disappearing when she spends time with mom or dad. It is almost impossible to trace any regularity in the presence of such numbness. These conditions are considered complex transport symptoms.
- Neglect … Too many modern parents; such a symptom seems to be a unique feature of the child. They believe that a child has the power to change his carelessness and indifference to his environment. An overactive child rarely keeps his belongings, toys, or likes to help in the house. They are characterized by negligence when performing a task. Very young children eat very insanely on their own. Constantly lubricate food on the plate, dirty clothes, and everything around. This is how these kids behave. It is difficult for them to be precise in their homework; the handwriting is often very sweeping and incomprehensible. Children often drop out of their parents because of such behavior, but they simply cannot and cannot behave differently.
- Sleep disorders … This condition is due to increased activity of the body. The baby is too excited for more time of the day and therefore it is very difficult for him to calm down and fall asleep at the right time. Because of this, he goes to bed after midnight, when his body is simply feeling tired and losing strength. But to relax and immerse yourself in full sleep, takes more time. As a result, in the morning such children do not rest at all, even more, bitter from all over the world, waking up to the cries of their parents. Such a system has a closed system and requires immediate disruption.
Health problems for Hyperactivity
Not one change that happens to our body can bypass the state of health. As for the spiritual system, it is, like nothing else, closely connected and finds its reflection in many systems of human organs. When a child is overactive, the way of life changes completely. First, there is a need to speed up the implementation of all processes. Each cell modifies its metabolism in order to speed up and increase work efficiency. Second, it will be necessary to adapt to this pace of life. In this case, there are many adjustment rings that meet this need.
All of these processes can cause the following violations:
- Delayed language development … Almost all parents notice this problem and immediately start looking for the cause. The thing is, such a child cannot focus on one thing at a time. His soul performs many thought processes in one second. It seems to children that they will now say a thousand words, but in reality, this does not happen. Sometimes their cases do not develop at all, in other cases, it is present but very poor and unclear. The child swallows letters and utters a sentence imperfectly or without a specific meaning. It can also be a shortening of sentences, actually jumping from one thought to another and it is not difficult to understand this during a conversation.
- Fewer problems … This feature of the human brain should work best in children. But in the presence of such a problem, the child is deprived of this ability. It does not disappear completely, but it is seriously disturbed. This becomes apparent when you first try to learn something. At the moment, it turns out that the information received is poorly perceived and almost not fixed in the head. Hearing impaired and tangible memory suffers the most. Sometimes the visual sensitivity is completely maintained and what he sees is inscribed for a while. Problems with long-term memory loss are more common. The child can only reproduce what has been said or heard after a short time, but will not answer the question about it a little later.
- Developmental Disabilities … Anxious complications and manifestations that may occur. The child simply misses the opportunity to develop his or her intellectual abilities. It is difficult for him to learn and complete all the tasks. Children are often behind their peers in kindergarten and school. It is difficult for them to learn or solve some problems. Local orientation suffers; even the presence of one’s own thoughts is not possible. In terms of daily life, these children respond more slowly to requests than move around the room at almost the speed of light.
Violation of socialization
What surrounds us always makes us dependent. That is why it is so important for each individual to find their place in society and take root in it. For this to happen, you need to understand how to behave properly, to understand all the applicable norms. Children with hyperactivity disorder are seldom sufficiently perceived by their environment. In most cases, they are not considered sick, but simply strange and incomprehensible. There is a particularly cruel attitude among peers, they criticize and are completely shamelessly ashamed of such behavior and individualism.
In general, this always involves difficulties in the form of the following problems:
- Disobedience … This trait seems to be characteristic of almost every child. After all, to some extent, we were all once hilarious and did not want to obey our elders. But in this case, everything is more serious. The parents of these children should almost always be vigilant. In all the fights, conspiracy theories, and pranks of their children, they take the lead and the role of duty. It is impossible to imagine how active such a child is. He is constantly on the move, rushing somewhere and sweeping away everything in his path. Even though knowing about the possible impending punishment, the child still behaves as before.
- Ignoring Behaviors … This is typical of older children, for those who have already visited, attended events, or other meetings. This problem also applies when you visit a school. Such children are completely out of control in their actions. They do not listen to the comments of others and act as if everything is allowed to them. The noise and the noise that such a child makes seldom give pleasure to anyone but himself. Because of this, parents also suffer because taking children with them means having constant problems with them.
- Aggression … In some cases, hyperactivity is accompanied by cruelty and resentment. The child shows it from an early age. Initially, this happens when his needs are not met, then due to personal whims. Furthermore, this becomes more permanent and threatens the environment. Children refuse to play with such a child; they are offended by his unmotivated attacks on anger and aggression. It can even be caused by an undivided toy or sandbox space. Quite actively and loudly, he defends his interests and opinions among others and sometimes attacks.
Methods for dealing with hyperactivity in children
Today, thousands of parents, tired of all the tried and tested methods of pacifying their child, are wondering how to treat a child’s hyperactivity disorder. After all, the existence of such a problem makes life in the family unbearable. There is a constant debate about educational methods. Mothers and fathers cannot share the responsibilities and roles of the head of the family; they do not know how to earn the power of the child. To help you find a way to solve this problem, you need to choose an integrated approach to treatment.
Tips for parents
First, only parents have the opportunity and responsibility to help their children cope with their increased activity. Not everyone knows how to behave with such children; many do not understand the seriousness of the situation.
In order not to aggravate your child’s mental state with your actions and upbringing, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- Special project development … Such children do not always clearly understand what they want from them. To get a positive response, you need to express your wish as accurately as possible. It is also important to avoid using complex semantics and phrases. The speech delivered should be as short and laconic as possible so that the child does not think about its meaning.
- Proper use of prohibitions … You should try to use “not” particles less often. Instead of telling your child what not to do, you should try to present a permissible option. For example, to forbid going out, you might recommend playing with toys at home or engaging in other activities. Thus, the child will see the desire as advice, not prohibition. Accordingly, the response becomes calmer and less aggressive.
- Continued … Since the main problem of children with hyperactivity is their difficult attitude toward everything that happens, you need to help them deal with the correct division of priorities. It is necessary to bring the planned activities to the child for at least the next few minutes. Explain that you need to wash your hands first, then sit down to eat breakfast, and so on.
- Positive Communication … Many parents of unknown children cannot contain their feelings and express them every time they commit wrongdoing. This causes aggression and isolation in children. They are even more trying to harm and avenge such an attitude towards themselves. That is why it is very important in a conversation that a mother or father does not raise his voice with his child, but on the contrary, explains important things about positive emotions. In this case, the child will listen to them and change their behavior.
- Excessive energy consumption … Excessive activity in such children cannot go away on its own, even if they are forced to sit still. To help deal with this problem, you need to find the right disposal site for it. There can be both basic games and walks for toddlers and visits to various parts for older children. The main thing is that it gives the child joy and also relieves it from too much activity.
Medical care for Hyperactivity
This treatment makes many parents hesitant about harm and success. Some people think that there is no need to consult a doctor with such a problem, which is very wrong. A similar procedure is possible, but only if the child is not yet in a serious condition.
Seeking medical attention involves the accuracy and validity of the proposed diagnosis, which is very important. Modern medicine has high hopes for psychotherapy. The use of this method enables children to cope quickly and effectively with current illnesses. Because there are several options available, the choice is made for each child individually. The only drawback is that it is impossible to use it for children who cannot yet respond independently to external influences.
The use of drugs is also an important point. Today, sedatives are considered the most popular remedies. Herbal preparations that are approved for use in children have a very positive effect on their condition. Such medicines help the child to calm down and concentrate on something.
To correct this syndrome, a combination of all or several treatment methods is used at once. This approach not only completely frees the child from the current problem, but also shortens the recovery time.
Hyperactivity in children is a major problem that affects young children around the world. Many parents do not understand the pathological basis of such a condition, which significantly worsens the child’s condition. To get rid of these children and prevent catastrophic consequences, you just need to follow simple rules of communication with them.